A Brief History of International Trucks
International Trucks was founded in 1902 and grew to be one of the top truck producers in the United States and beyond. Navistar International, originally called “International Harvester Company,” purchased International in 1909. Navistar International started off by manufacturing agricultural vehicles. They then began expanding and diversifying their lineup to include construction vehicles, medium, heavy, and severe-duty trucks, military vehicles, and school and commercial buses. They also produce V8 diesel engines for Ford full-size pickup trucks. Today, the International Trucks brand includes a variety of medium-duty, over-the-road, and severe-service trucks. International Trucks are extremely capable and dependable for all your needs.
International Trucks Today
Today’s International Trucks include:
- CV Series: The CV Series is a medium-duty truck typically used as a tow, dump, service, and utility truck.
- MV Series: The MV Series is a medium-duty truck with an engine that can get up to 380 hp and 1,250 lb-ft. of torque. The MV Series can be used for delivery, tow, and dump.
- HV Series: The HV Series is a severe-duty truck that is extremely tough and designed for concrete mixers, construction, municipal use such as snowplows, and utility work.
- HX Series: The HX Series is a severe-duty truck that can be configured as a crane or used for construction, heavy hauling of items and equipment, and concrete mixers.
- Lonestar: The Lonestar is a heavy-duty truck commonly used for specialized delivery, such as cattle, and heavy, regional, and long hauling.
- LT Series: The LT Series is a heavy-duty truck that is efficiently designed for long hauling, local delivery, and intermodal transportation.
- RH Series: The RH Series is a heavy-duty truck; this agile truck is designed for regional hauling and can be configured to have a tank.
- Durastar: The Durastar is a medium-duty truck. Replaced by the MV Series in 2018, this truck is extremely versatile for most common commercial uses.
- Prostar: The Prostar is a heavy-duty truck. Replaced by the LT Series in 2017, this truck is designed for efficient long hauling.
- Transtar: The Transtar is a heavy-duty truck; this powerful truck is used for regional hauling.
- Workstar: The Workstar is a severe-duty truck that was replaced by the HX in 2016. This model is powerful and capable of all utility needs.
Your Reliable Truck Repair Shop
International Trucks undergo a lot of heavy-duty work. Even though they are extremely dependable and reliable trucks, they will eventually need to be brought in for routine maintenance and repairs. Our Reliable technicians receive ongoing training in trucker technology and truck repair services and will offer you the best care for your trucks.
Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
We have a review score of 100 based on reviews from 398 satisfied customers.
- We are Experts
- Years of Experience
We at Tim's Automotive in Parkville have been fixing cars since 1987, and our owner Tim Bonner and team of Quality technicians have decades of combined experience and are experts in all things auto repair. Do not wait to schedule a visit with us today! You can set up an appointment online at https://timsautomotive.com/ or give us a call at 410-665-9098.